A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuesday Bench, Ouch!

Today was bench day. Lately I've been feeling great and making some big improvements in the gym. I was excited to bench today and see if my motivation would drive me to some more PB's. Here's the work out.

Flat Bench Press - 5 sets, 10 reps, 205lbs.
Dips - 6 sets, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4 reps.
Rack Military Press - 1 set, 2 reps, 135lbs.

The flat bench felt great. I'm always trying to keep my elbows in. During the last 2 sets when I start to get fatigued I feel the elbows start to flare but I do my best to tuck them back in. Keep working on the weak points. After the bench I was pretty waisted so I did all my dip sets to failure. Last week I only did 4 sets. This week I wanted to do all 6 sets even if I didn't do all 6 reps.
This is where the fun begins. On my first set of Military presses a sharp pain shot through what felt like my right side serratus (under the arm by my ribs). I thought that it might be just a cramp so I did a set of lat pull downs and tried to stretch it out. I tried the presses again and the same thing. I've been working out long enough to know when I've injured myself. Today I injured myself. Tomorrow is my scheduled day off so I'll let things rest and try pressing again next week. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.

Snowdaddy

No comments: