A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Squats

I'm still having problems with front squats. I have concluded that my problems originate from my lack of flexibility in my upper body. I'll keep working at it. Here's today's damage.

Front Squats - 6 sets, 3@ 135lbs, 3@ 155lbs, 6 reps.
Sumo Deadlift over hand grip - 4 sets, 2@ 315lbs, 2@ 365lbs, singles.
Good Mornings - 6 sets, 2@ 315lbs, 4@ 225lbs, 6 reps.

The work out was going well until I was side tracked by a fellow gym goer. I can't talk about the topic we were discussing but it did a great job of throwing me off my groove after my third set of deadlifts. Hence why I dropped weight on the last 4 sets of good mornings. Tomorrow is the second day of bench this week. I'm still looking at making some changes to this program. I like the high reps for squats and bench but I think I'll drop the second squat day and work out three days a week instead of four.

Snowdaddy

No comments: