A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday Squats

I am really enjoying these high rep days. A weak point in my training for sure but it is gradually getting better. Here's today's accomplishments.

Box Squats - 5 sets, 10 reps, 245lbs.
Sumo Deadlifts over hand grip - 6 sets, 315/315/335/365/405/425lbs(miss), singles.
Barbell Shrugs - 6 sets, 405/495/545/495/495/495lbs, 6 reps.

In case I forgot to mention I perform the box squats with out a belt. Along with building muscular endurance I'm finding the high reps are helping with my core strength. During my time off my abs, obliques, and serratus anterior muscles all felt like I did tones of midsection exercises. I was sore all week end.
My sumo deadlifts are getting better quickly. last week I was impressed with lifting 385lbs. This week I'm psyched at doing 405lbs. As stated in a past post 405lbs is my PB for sumo deadlift. Doing 405lbs with an over hand grip is a great accomplishment.
My upper back is getting stronger each week. Past weights are feeling light every passing week. The strength I lost over the winter is coming back. I want to use this momentum to sling-shot past previous PBs and shoot for some bigger lifts.

Snowdaddy

No comments: