A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday Squats

Today is a great day on several points. Let me start with my work out. I've been lacking in the cardio department and for the next 6 weeks I'll be working on higher reps for squats and bench press. Here's what happened.

Parallel Box Squats - 5 sets, 10 reps, 225lbs.
Sumo Deadlifts (over hand grip) - 6 sets, singles, 315lbs.
Barbell Shrugs - 6 sets, 6 reps, 315, 365, 405, 455, 495, 495 lbs.

After the third set of box squats I was really sucking wind. I rested about 90 sec between squat sets. I'll drop time as my cardiovascular endurance gets better. The weights I used today seem good for my first day. I'll increase the weights by 10lbs every week. Note the new PB for my shrugs. The week off did some good.

I took last week off and went with my family to Minneapolis. While there we went to the Mall Of America and I bought some new shoes for deadlifting. Here is the link to what I bought. http://www.asicsamerica.com/products/product.aspx?PRODUCT_ID=240007121&TITLE_CATEGORY_ID=250001243 I wore these today and they felt great.

The CPU Nationals have come to an end and here are the results. 2007 CPU Nationals Results. I'm not even close to qualifying (YET!) but I have some friends who are lifting. Congratulations to everyone who competed. Getting there is an amazing accomplishment. Well Done.

Like I said, a great day. Tomorrow I'll be benching.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice shoes Daddy O! How does the recovering buttock feel with the pulling?