A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Finally, My New Program!

I've looked over my training regime and decided it's time to work my weak points. Some of which are posterior strength, muscular endurance, and excess body weight. Here is my new program to address these weaknesses.

MONDAY (sets/reps)
BOX SQUATS (5/10)
SUMO DEADLIFTS over hand grip (6/1)
SHRUGS (6/6)

TUESDAY
FLAT BENCH (5/10)
DIPS (6/6)
STANDING MILITARY RACK PRESS (6/6)

WEDNESDAY
OFF

THURSDAY
FRONT SQUATS (5/10)
SUMO DEADLIFTS over hand grip (6/1)
GOODMORNINGS (6/6)

FRIDAY
DECLINED BENCH PRESS (5/10)
CLOSE GRIP BOARD PRESS (6/6)
BENT OVER BARBELL ROWS (6/6)

So that's it. The frequency of training will help with the weight loss. Squatting twice a week will help with the posterior problems. I'm sure you can see how the 10 rep sets will help with the endurance. The weather is also starting to get better and I'm walking to work again. It only takes me about 15-20 minutes to walk to work but doing it every day I'm sure will help me drop a couple unwanted pounds.
I've already done Monday and Tuesday and my posterior is still sore. Obviously I'm hitting areas untouched by previous training. I'll fill you in on how sore my chest is tomorrow.

Snowdaddy

No comments: