A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Squat Friday and Shirt Saturday

Once again I'm behind on my blog posts. I know my fans are always waiting eagerly to read my next installment of my life as it pertains to the lifting of metal (I roll my eyes). Any way enough with the sarcasm here's what happened.

Friday 2nd March 2007

Box Squats - 6 sets/5 reps/275lbs (3rd set with knee wraps)
Heavy Walk Outs - 4 sets/455, 495, 545, 565lbs
Good Mornings - 275lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps.

A very strong work out. With the box squats, I'm driving the weights up with more explosion. I need to get some different footwear for the heavy walk outs. My right foot felt like it was being stretched laterally. The good mornings were amazing. I feel very strong and I can't wait to go up in weight next week.

Saturday 3rd March 2007

McLifter gave me a call Friday night and asked if I wanted to come over and work on my bench shirt training. Indeed I did so I went. Here's the result.

Bench Press - 60kg/8 reps, 100kg/6 reps, 120kg/3 reps.
Put on the bench shirt.
Shirt Bench Press - 140kg/couldn't touch, 160kg/miss, 160kg/1 rep, 160kg/1 rep, 170kg/miss.

I'm happy with my performance but I can't help but think there's still something wrong. Everyone says I should be able to get 30-60kg out of the shirt. I seem to be getting only 10kg. I know it's early days yet and powerlifting is a sport of persistence. I'll continue to stick with it and work my raw bench. I can't go wrong with that.

Snowdaddy

PS; here is a link to my latest training clip. I'm really working on keeping my elbows in.

http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=b97ee7f2672ffde0387b

Snowdaddy

No comments: