A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Friday Squats

Yesterday was squat day and I was really motivated to lift. Work this week has been hell and I wanted to burn off any tension with an intense work out. Here's how things went.

Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 6 sets/5 reps/295lbs. (no box)
Heavy Walk Outs - 495lbs, 545lbs, 585lbs.
Good Mornings - 315lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps, 335lbs/6 reps.

I didn't use a box for my squats and they felt great. The walk outs felt lighter and so did the good mornings. My posterior chain is getting stronger and catching up with the rest of my body.

I got some good news the other day. My gym has been without a power rack for a while now and I was told a new rack was purchased and will be here in 6 - 8 weeks. Here is a link showing the rack. http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=167&pid=893

I can't wait. To break in the rack I think I'll do some knees up deadlift partials. My PB is 725lbs raw, no straps only a belt and chalk. Stay tuned

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be great if they got that rack for you!
Some serious benching and squatting with that puppy.