A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007

Deadlift Training

Today was deadlift day. I was chomping at the bit all week end wanting to get back in the gym to continue my training. Here's what happened.

Sumo Deadlifts Warm Up - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.
Deadlifts - 335lbs/5 reps/6 sets.
Lat Pull Downs - 160lbs/6 reps, 185lbs/6 reps, 210lbs/6 reps.
Barbell Shrugs - 315lbs/6 reps, 335lbs/6 reps, 335lbs/6 reps.
Sit Ups - 3 sets/12 reps.

The week before I did dumbbell shrugs and I found it not heavy enough. Today barbell shrugs really hit the spot. The only weak point was my hands. Over under grip works really well for me but over hand grip really takes it's toll on my hands. Next time I'll be sure to bring my straps and really thrash my traps. Because my grips was failing I found that I work out only to about 80% potential. Next time I'll be sure to destroy myself.

Snowdaddy

No comments: