A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bench Wednesday

Just when I'm feeling comfortable with my raw bench I decide to start using a bench shirt and my technique has to change again. I'm moving my grip closer to center and working on my tricept strength. Here's today's efforts.

Flat Bench - 6 sets/205lbs/6 reps. (ring finger on ring)
Free Dips - 4 sets/6, 6, 5, 3 reps.
Scull Crushers - 4 sets/80, 100, 90, 80lbs/8, 6, 8, 10 reps.

What an awesome work out. On my final set of bench I pushed my set up and the 6 reps felt easy. The dips are starting to feel more natural, not light, natural. On my last set of scull crushers I was feeling the music in my headphones, Disturbed. The reps just seemed to fly up. Right now I'm relaxing in my living room watching the 1999 World's Strongest Man and I feel like I just got hit by a car. It's going to take a while for my CNS to recover from this work out.

Snowdaddy

No comments: