A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

165kg Bench BOMB!!!

Everyone kept telling me, "shirt benching is very difficult", "you can't just put on a shirt and bench 400lbs". Man, did I ever learn my lesson. In practice I managed a 182.5kg two board press. The Monday before the meet I did 160kg one board press like it was nothing. So, naturally I'm thinking, "a 165kg opener is going to go up no problem". NOT!!!
Bench Shirts are very complex. I certainly need more practice to figure out all the little points when benching with a shirt. This may sound like I'm discouraged, I'm not. I have a goal of pressing 185kg (+) in a bench shirt and with time I'll figure things out and it will be no problem. In fact I'd like to bench 200kg+. This meet goes up as a learning experience. I'll take the next couple of months to train my ass off and be ready for the next meet, all three lifts.
For those who wondered how my bench actually went. Check it out at http://www.ironscene.com/ I warn you, it's not for the weak hearted. It's the ugliest bench I've ever seen. Heres the actual link.
http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=d8857af63bdf9bf75a3f&page=1&viewtype=&category=mr

Snowdaddy

No comments: