A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, January 26, 2007

Squat Work Out ???

Today we got released from work early so I decided to go and try out my new knee wraps. I'm healing up well from my surgery and I wanted to see if everything is a go for full training. Here's how things went.

Squats - 135lbs/6 reps x 2, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/6 reps.
Put on my knee wraps and wrist wraps
Squats - 315lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/1 rep, 405lbs/dump.

I haven't squated since the end of November and I had a bit too much confidence from the knee wraps. 405lbs went down under control, it didn't feel very heavy. When I came back up I was strong out of the hole but then I was shot on the lock out. Lucky I was in the squat rack, I simply bottomed out then dumped it over head into the rack. It was quite the lesson in humilty. I'm sure that I will be back to max numbers in a short amount of time.
I've decided to try for the Manitoba SHW three lift Bench Press record. Because I'm not 100% for the squat and deadlift I will do only token lifts and concentrate on the bench press. My bench training is going very well and I'm really focusing on my lack of tricep strength. I guess I'll have more to report on that after shirt training on Monday.

Snowdaddy

No comments: