A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 15, 2007

2nd Bench Shirt Work Out

Tonight was my second work out in my new bench shirt. I'm picking up the technique quite well and the new numbers I'm putting up is really helping with motivation. Not that I was lacking it. Here's what went down at the HHG tonight.

Bench Warm Up - 60kg/12 reps, 100kg/6 reps, 130kg/2 reps.
Shirt Bench - 150kg/3 reps 3 boards, 160kg/3 reps 3 boards, 160kg/3 reps 2 boards, 165kg/3 reps 2 boards.
Close Grip Bench - 100kg/6 reps 2 sets.

I didn't do many sets but, man I'm spent. I was taught a new way of gripping the bar to help improve my wrist position and grip. You roll the meaty part of your hand between the thumb and fore finger on the bar and inside your grip. It really helped. Thanks again McLifter. Time for bed, I'm bushed.

Snowdaddy

No comments: