A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, December 29, 2006

Oh Boy, Am I Sore

I went to the gym again today to, once again, just move the weights around. I've concluded that after two days back I feel well enough to start my training for my next, bench only, contest. My wounds are still not healed but it doesn't keep me from doing bench and bench related movements. I'm forcasting that I'll be 100% in 2-3 weeks so for now I can start the volume phase of my precontest prep training. Here is my plan of attack.

Days 1 thru 6 (Monday and Thursday each week)
Speed Bench - 6 sets, 4 reps. (56-66% increasing 2% per week)
Dips - 4 sets, 6 reps.
Chins - 4 sets, 6 reps.
Standing Push Press - 4 sets, 6 reps.

Days 7 thru 12 (Monday and Thursday each week)
Max Effort Bench
5 sets, 2 reps 70%
5 sets, 2 reps 75%
4 sets, 2 reps 80%
4 sets, 1 rep 85%
3 sets, 1 rep 90%
2 sets, 1 rep 95%
Crunches - 4 sets, max reps.
Cardio :-)

The %'s listed are that of the projected or new 1RM at the contest. I am planing a 5% increase over my current 1RM. Current 1RM = 330lbs Projected 1RM = 345lbs.

Wish me luck cuz I'm going to need it.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that you are back in the gym. Take it slow and easy.
Have a Happy New Year! I look forward to connecting in the 2007. Lift on dude!

Brock