A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, November 17, 2006

Day 21 of 21

I think the stress is finally getting to me. The contest, work, everyday pressures. My performance today was less than stellar. Here's what happened.

Squats - 315lbs/3 reps, 405lbs/single, 435lbs/single, 405lbs/single, 315lbs/3 reps.
Bench Press - 5 sets, 4 reps, 205lbs.

I finished there because I was spent. My 435lbs squat single was pittiful I had to get some help from a spotter. He only pulled on my elbows a little but I still needed help. I'm sure at the competition I'll be able to squat 440lbs (200kg), my goal.

Snowdaddy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your off day is a case of stress. Too much weight on your shoulders [ha]. Keep at it you're doing great. Jen.

Anonymous said...

With enough rest and some protein you will be very surprised at how well things may go at the contest. You've done the work, now it is time to reap the rewards. Just warm up thoroughly, lift soundly and have fun!

McLifter