A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, November 10, 2006

Day 18 of 21

Singles squats today. I was nervous going into my work out today because I haven't squatted this heavy for a few months. The last time I did I was also in a power rack, not a squat rack like the gym has now. Here's what happened.

Squats - bar/8 reps, 225lbs/3 reps, 315lbs/2 reps, 365lbs/1 rep, 3 sets of singles 415lbs.
Bench Press - 5 sets, 4 reps, 205lbs (calling in my head)
Deadlifts - 3 sets, 3 reps, 365lbs

I did my lifts today in my singlet. I wanted to get some practice in my competition gear. The 415lbs squats felt good and I think I'll have no problem hitting the 200kg(440lbs) goal for the competition.
I got a message yesterday that a local TV station is interested in the contest. I haven't been able to stop smiling since then. TV coverage of the competition is what I have always wanted. To get powerlifting out into the public is a dream of mine. Fantastic! I'll fill you in on details as I get them.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some nice squattin there dude! See you in 2 weeks, bring your A-Game!