A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Day 14 of 21

Since the start of the pre contest phase of my 3x3 trainging routine I have been disapointed. After doing all that volume training for 4 weeks it seems dull and boring to do so little especially for 4 weeks. On Tuesday I modded the pre contest phase to suit my lifting style. Here is how the day went.

Squats - 3 sets, 3 reps, 295lbs (20lbs increase)
Bench - 4 sets, Singles, 285lbs (2 extra sets)
Deadlifts - 6 sets, 3 reps, 365lbs (3 extra sets, 30lbs increase)

I went a bit over board on the deadlifts. They were feeling good and easy so I decided to just keep doing sets. I'm a mad man. I also did some extra stuff, just for fun.

Behind Neck Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets, 6 reps, 145-165lbs
Machine Flys - 3 sets, 8 reps, 250lbs (stack)
Dumbbell Shrugs - 2 sets, 10 reps, 100lbs

I do the lat pull downs and the shrugs at the end of my work out to stretch out. The lat pull downs are to decompress my lower back and the shrugs are to stretch out my traps. Other than the extra deadlift sets I like this modded routine. I'll keep at it.

Snowdaddy

No comments: