A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, September 04, 2006

STOP!

Because of my job I have to stop training for a while. Once a year a have to perform a "PT test", it's part of the job. It's not very difficult it just requires running. I hate that word, "running". My knees and ankles ache just saying it. Oh well, there is nothing I can do about it but train for it. So for the next month I will put aside my powerlifting training and begin running. Hopefully it will only take a month then I can get back on track training for the contest in November. Wish me luck, because I'm going to need it.
I plan on using similar techniques to improve my running and cardio health that I have learned with powerlifting. I'll use progression to increase my stamina quickly with out over training. At the end of the month the "PT test" should be a breeze. Maybe I'll be lucky and drop some unwanted pounds in the process. Just call me the Running Man. If you feel the earth shaking don't worry it's just 300lbs of Snowdaddy pounding down the street.

Snowdaddy

No comments: