A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

Running & Squats

The title of this post just doesn't sound right. Here is what happened any way.

AM Running - 15 min treadmill

Squats - 6 sets, 5 reps, 285lbs
Squat Walk Outs - 3 sets, 545lbs

This morning I did treadmill work. Out of 15 minutes I jogged 6 minutes and I was very surprised that it didn't seem that hard. I didn't start breathing heavy until about 3 1/2 minutes into the run. This week I have to continue my running out doors and the PT test on the 29th should be a piece of cake.
The squats felt great. I brought my digital camera and took some video clips of my lifts. The volume training is great. I know I'm not doing it yet but I'm still doing a lot of sets and reps for one movement. The walk outs are heavy. I feel like my ankles are going to fold when I step back. I guess thats normal and I need to get used to it. That's it for me, I'll post tomorrow.

Snowdaddy

No comments: