A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, August 28, 2006

Squat Day

Today was squat day. Over the last couple of nights I've been combing through the net looking for inspirational videos. I tell ya, it really helps one's motivation. I was so fired up for box squats today, I'm sure I could have done 500lbs for a single. Of course I didn't, here's what went down (then up).

Box Squats (parallel) - 4 sets, 4 reps, 315lbs / 2 sets, 4 reps, 335lbs / 2 sets, 4 reps, 355lbs.
Lying Leg Curls - 4 sets, 6 reps, 120-100lbs.

After Friday's work out my ass is still sore so I cut out the leg presses. I think I may continue to do this so I can concentrate on my squats. I've also been experiencing tension head aches while performing inclined leg press. Not Good. I think I'll drop leg presses all together. I was proud of the last two squat sets. My best box squat to date is 455lbs. A short and sweet work out but it got the job done, I'm hurten'.

Snowdaddy

No comments: