A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

2 Outa' 3 Ain't Bad

Oh well, it was for not. yesterday I was hoping to finish my test week with a new deadlift PB. The night before was our crew party to wrap our tour here in South West Asia. We went to the HofBrau Haus, a fine German restaurant serving heavy food and 1L beers. Obviously my deadlifts didn't like either. I didn't even come close to lifting a PB. Here are my attempts.

Attempt 1 - 515lbs Miss (are you kidding me?)
Attempt 2 - 515lbs Miss (good luck)
Attempt 3 - 495lbs Miss (I usually have no problem with this)

Lesson learned. "Don't calorie load the night before a competition". Oh well, 2 outa' 3 ain't bad.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Depends what the calorie loading was. If you are talking beer or booze of course. Moderate consumption of Pizza and Beer can be beneficial to strength the following day. Depends what you are used to and how your body reacts to the factors present.

Were you well rested? Were you hydrated? Had you had enough food?
Ya see there are all sorts of things that may have been an influence.

In the immortal words of Bruce, "Ya know, if I was able to lift more I'd be stronger".

:)