A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Speed Squats / Deadlifts

Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6reps
Bellow Parrallel Box Squats - 10 sets, 2 reps, 245lbs
Deadlifts - Singles 405, 495, 515miss, 515miss
Good Mornings - 4 sets, 6 reps, 275lbs

A quick work out but very demanding. I decided to give deadlifts a go for a new 1RM. I know I was fatigued after squats so I shouldn't have expected too much. 495lbs went up quite easy so I thought I would pull 515lbs which would be a new gym max for me. The first attempt got stuck under my knee caps, damn! and I was dead for my second, no fuel in the tank.
My buddy Cliff, the 2006 Canadian 125+kg National champ sent me his training routine. I think I'll make up a spread sheet and give it a go. I've been doing Westside Barbell training for a while now. Time to mix it up. I'll update my blog with the routine once I get it sorted out.

Snowdaddy

No comments: