A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Speed Squats / Deadlifts

Yesterday I did speed squats & deadlifts. I have been having problems with my left knee after doing heavy box squats the other day. I was cautious about doing squats but I figured I had to give it a go. After the work out my knee felt great and now today I don't feel any pain. The body is very wierd. Yesterday's work out went like this.

Bike - 10min warm up
Speed Box Squats (below parallel) - 10 sets, 2 reps, 225lbs
Platform Deadlifts - 6 sets, 1 rep, 365lbs
Good Mornings - 4 sets, 6 reps, 225lbs
Various Arm and Ab Exercises.

I revert back to my body building style of training when I finish a work out with fuel left in the tank. I managed to handle the 70lbs dumbbells for 3 sets of 12 reps dumbbell hammer curls.
I'm working today and not able to work out. Tomorrow I'll be doing msx effort bench. Speaking of which I've changed my program slightly. It's the same basic principle with max effort and speed days but the exercises have changed. Here is what I planned

Max Effort Squat / Deadlift
-Above parallel Box squats
-Sumo Deadlifts
-Declined Sit ups
-Trunk Twists

Speed Bench
-Speed Bench Press
-Dips
-T Bar Rows
-Standing Military Press

Speed Squat / Deadlift
-Speed Squats below parallel
-Speed Deadlifts from a platform
-Good Mornings
-Hanging Leg Raises

Max Effort Bench
-Rack Bench Press (lock outs)
-Close Grip Bench
-Dumbbell Rows
-Seated Dumbbell press

I really like what I've come up with. It should gain me excellent results.

Snowdaddy

No comments: