A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, May 05, 2006

Deadlifts At The HHG

Today I went over to the HHG and was looking to pull some big iron. I guess today just wasn't my day. I wanted to break my deadlift PB but it was a no go this evening. I handled 220kg with ease so I was thinking I was in line for my new max. I tried 250kg and it only got a couple of inches off the floor. "Maybe this is too much of a jump for me", I thought so we dropped the weight to 242.5kg. By this time I was spent and it too would not travel more than a couple of inches from the floor. Damn!

I did however come away with a new game plan for my training over the next two months. When I get back I'm going to take that 250kg for a ride. My next post I will write my new training plan. It should be similar to my current plan but some of the exercises will be tailored for my weak points.

Thanks to Susan and Brock for helping me once again.

Snowdaddy

No comments: