A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

First Real Work Out

On Tuesday I did my first real work out on quite a while. It is now two days later and I'm still paying for my over enthusiasm. Here is what I did.

Speed Bench Day

Speed Bench - 8 sets, 3 reps, 205lbs
Inclined Dumbbell Press - 3 sets, 6 reps, 80-100lbs
Dips - 3 sets, 6 reps 90-40lbs assistance
Chin Ups - 4 sets, 6 reps, 130lbs assistance
Standing Military Press - 3 sets, 6 reps, 135-155lbs

After the work out I felt very good. It was great to feel pumped up again.

Today I had so much yard work to do I couldn't make it to hit speed squats and deadlift. So while BBQing diner I pulled out my 80lbs dumbbell that has been hiding in my shed all winter and did some single arm standing presses. I modified this dumbbell with a 2 inch diameter handle. It works great for improoving my grip strength. Right now my fore arms and shoulders feel awsome. The way I work out with it is simple. From the ground I grab the 2 inch handle, clean the weight to my shoulder then press it over head. If you have never tried this before you are really missing out on a great fore arm exercise. Till next time.

Snowdaddy

No comments: