A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Speed Bench Press Day

Friday I did speed bench. I have modified my original work outs to suit what was told to me by my friends regarding powerlifting training. I have removed all cable movements and do mostly heavy compound movements. Here is what I did.

Bike - 10min

Speed Bench - 8 sets 3 reps 205lbs
Inclined Dumbbell Press - 3 sets 6 reps 80-110lbs
Dips - 3 sets 6 reps 90-40lbs assistance
Chin Ups - 4 sets 6 reps 130lbs assistance
Standing Military Press - 3 sets 6 reps 135-145lbs

Durring the Chin ups I was completely spent. I think it was because of the ME squat / deadlift work out the day before. I was only able to do 3 sets and had to do pull downs on my last set. I still managed 8 reps with 195lbs. The work out was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted heavy compound movents that tax what I'm targeting that day. Now I have to work on crafting my other three days. My work is never done.

Snowdaddy

No comments: