A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, March 17, 2006

ME Squat / Deadlift

On Monday I went over to a friends place to work on my good mornings and squat technique. Turns out I going way to deep on my good mornings. I should only be bending to a 45 degree angle instead of the 90 degrees I'm currently going to. My friend is a powerlifting judge and coach. He says that my squats are much better. About 3 months ago I started narrowing my stance. Now I squat 6-8 inches narrower than I used to. I find this helps me to make depth. Durring our training session I worked up to a single at 185kg or 407lbs. This is only 5kgs less than I have competition squated. It felt great, much easier than any squat I have done before over 400lbs.
Today I did max effort squat / deadlift. here is how things went.

Bike - 10min
Good Mornings - Worked up to 3 sets of 3 reps 315lbs
Partial Deadlifts - Singles 405, 495, 585, 675, 705.

I had to keep the work out short because I was really short on time. After my rack pulls I had to check my log history to see what my previous PB rack pull was. I was surprised to see that I pulled 70lbs above my PB. Holy Shit! I can't believe it. 70lbs! Yikes!Obviously I must be doing something right because my strength gains over the last couple of weeks have been scary. Maybe I'll be looking at that 600lbs deadlift sometime this year instead of later on in my life. Sounds good to me.

You're just pretending if the bar ain't bending.

Snowdaddy.

No comments: