A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

305Lbs Bench!!!

Seeing as I am going home tomorrow and I won't be in the gym for a few days I figured that I would stray from my regular work out and try for a new 1RM on the bench. 305lbs for a single! I am sure that this new style of training is a direct result. This lift was totally a legal lift. I took the bar waited, deep breath in. Lowered it till it touched my chest for a pause then blasted it up. The press was slow and steady and felt great. One of the smoothest reps I've ever done. As you can tell this lift really made my day. Here is how the whole work out went.

Bike - 10min warm up
Speed Bench - 4 sets 3 reps 185lbs, 3 reps 225lbs, 1 rep 275lbs, 1 rep 295lbs, 1 rep 305lbs.
Inclined Bench Press - 4 sets 6 reps 205-225lbs
Cable Extensions - 3 sets 10 reps 195-205lbs
Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets 8 reps 180-190lbs
Side Laterals - 2 sets 10 reps 20-30lbs

I found that by doing the lighter weights with an explosive press is giving me the tools I require to attain my goals. Thanks Brock for the encouragement. See you when I get back.

Snowdaddy

PS: Dear I'm coming home. I'll phone on Thursday night LATE.

No comments: