A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, February 05, 2006

ZZZZZZ....

Yesterday I only had 12 hours between two 12 hour shifts so needless to say I was tired. I didn't sleep when I got home from work, had lunch then dragged my sleepy carcus to the gym. The day before I did heavy deadlifts so I wasn't very motivated to do very much. Here's how it went.

Bike 10 min, Stretch (full body), Bike 10 mins.

Bench Press - 6 sets, lots of reps, 135-275lbs. (2x3 275lbs)
Flat Bench Flys - 3 sets, 6 reps, 70-90lbs
Tricep Cable Ext. - 3 sets, 12 reps, stack 195lbs

Treadmill Walk - 10 mins

Being away from home I'm having trouble deciding what I want to accomplish. Today was mostly a cardio day with the weights talking a backseat to my heart rate. I think I'll continue with this trend for a while and maybe drop a couple of unwanted pounds. I'll gradually increase my cardio times until I'm doing a full cardio work out with weights to maintain my muscle mass and keep my metabolism high. Tomorrow I'll look at doing some abs to tighten up my flabby midsection. It would be nice to have a six pack again instead of a keg.

Snowdaddy

PS: I like your letter dear. I'm eagerly waiting for part two.

No comments: