A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Speed Squats / Deadlifts

Today was speed day for Squats and Deadlifts. I was actually surprised at how much of a fun this training is. Doing 225lbs for 2 reps, which I could easily do for 8-10, seemed fun. I did all my exercises with explosive speed and took only about 45 sec between each set. Needless to say I was in and out of the gym in record time. Eventhough I still did 28 sets total. Here is how it went.

Bike - 10min
Speed Squats - 10 sets 2 reps 225lbs
Speed Deadlifts - 6 sets 1 rep 315lbs
Standing Good Mornings - 4 sets 8 reps 80-115lbs (supposed to do seated but no bench)
Lying Leg Raises - 4 sets 15 reps
Dumbbell Side Raises - 4 sets 10 reps 40-55lbs

It seemed good. the next workout is going to be Max Effort Bench. Stay tuned and I'll let you know what happens

Snowdaddy.

No comments: