A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Speed Squat / Deadlift

I know, according to the schedule I was supposed to do speed bench work today. A friend of mine is having problems with his bench and asked if I was working it tomorrow. I said that I could if he needed my help. So for speed squat / deadlifts tomorrow it is. I can see why these work outs are done in this order. Doing two days of the same movements, even with a day off in beween is tuff. Here is how it went.

Bike - 10min warm up
Speed Squats - 10 sets 2 reps 245lbs
Speed Deadlifts - 6 sets 1 reps 335lbs
Standing Good Mornings - 5 sets 8 reps 135lbs
Laying Leg Raises - 4 sets 12 reps
Crunches - 4 sets 12 reps
Trunk Twists 3 sets 20 twists 30lb bar

All in all a good work out. Yesterday I went to the beach and once again had a great time. This time I was sure to apply sun screen. Actually twice. I didn't burn too bad this time but I am still a bit tender. What stupid people will do for a tan? Here is a picture of me hitting a large but not defined front double bicept. I definately look like a powerlifter. A bodybuilder I am not.

Snowdaddy

No comments: