A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Bench me, Pleeease!

I forgot something while creating my last post. Happy Birthday goes out to my son. I hope that one day him and I will be crancking out sets together. I Love You Lliam.
Today was bench. Another day in bench paradise. My shoulder and elbow joints are feeling a bit sore after working out so I be taking tomorrow off so I can give deadlifts my full attention. Here is how my bench press work out went.

Flat Bench - 8 sets, 3 reps, 235lbs (reps went 3,3,4,5,6,6,6,6)
Close Grip Bench - 3 sets, 8 reps, 185-205lbs
Machine Dips - 3 sets, 10-12 reps, 10-12 plates (about 2/3 the stack)
Inclined Dumbbell Flys - 3 sets, 8 reps, 70,80,90lbs
Tricep Cable Extensions - 3 sets, 12 reps, 210lbs (the stack)
Standing Dumbbell Curls - 3 sets, 12 reps, 50,60,65lbs
Standing Concentration Curls - 2 sets, 10 reps, 45lbs (just to finish off)

Towards the end of the work out I was running on nothing. I had my walkman on and with the tunes cranked I got psycho and blasted out the finishing exercises. Currently I'm enjoying listening to "Disturbed" and "Danko Jones". Both have that certain something to get my blood boiling. My fellow gym goers all look at me durring my moments of rage because I tend to be vocal. This brings me to a good point. Work out as if you are the only one in the gym. I don't mean be rude and extreemly loud. What I mean is do your work out the way that gets you pumped up. If you finish a set and your muscles are pumped up, hit a pose. I always flex the muscles I'm working out. I gives me extra motivation to keep up the good work durring the work out and for the next work out. If you happen to let out a groan or growl don't sweat it. If people are constantly looking at you it's because they are impressed. When people watch me at the gym I treat it as a sign of admiration. They "Wish" they could lift the weights that I am lifting. This is a strong motivational tool. Use It! Say inspirational sayings in your head. I watch Ronnie Coleman training, the guy never shuts up. "YEH BETTY", "LIGHT WEIGHT"! Obviously it works.

Till next time

Snowdaddy

PS I'm waiting for that letter Dear, Oh Ya. Love Ya.

No comments: