A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Squats


Today was squat day. I always find that I'm very lethargic after a good squat work out. My torture went something like this.

Squats - warm up 135, 225, 315, 365. Working sets 315lbs 6 sets 2 reps.

Straight leg deadlifts - 135lbs 3 sets 6 reps.

Lying Leg Curls - 90, 100, 110 3 sets 6 reps.

Leg Extensions - 195, 225, 255lbs 3 sets 8 reps.

Donkey Calf Raises - 400lbs 3 sets 8 reps.

I went up to 405 for a single twice before my working sets. I didn't include it in the log because it wasn't deep enough on the first and I failed on the second. How embarrassing. Luck for me I was in a rack and I had the bars adjusted to the right height. I simply went extra deep and stepped out.

My squats are frustrating me. I know I could squat more but something keeps me from attaining my goals. My current best squat is 190 kg or 418lbs. I love to squat (I know that doesn't sound right) and I would love to get under a 600+ lbs bar but I know it would do nothing but go down. So I continue to train. One day I'll do it, it just takes time.

This routine listed above is not my regular routine. I normally do heavy top partials for three sets and abductor machine for three more sets. Then I finish off with v-sit ups. I changed it to just do that, change it up. I like to vary my routines once and a while to throw my body a loop. So it never becomes too accustomed to a single work out.

See ya next time

Snowdaddy.

No comments: